From basic motor skills such as sitting, crawling, and running to more sophisticated skills like body awareness and balance, physical therapy helps create a diversity of movement, so your child can enjoy things like bike riding, team sports, community outings, and playing catch.
Parents often seek out a physical therapist because their child is demonstrating some or all of the following behaviors:
- Appears to lean or look to only one side of their environment
- Delays in developmental milestones for sitting, crawling, walking, jumping and running
- Clumsy walking or running
- Flat feet or weak ankles
- Frequent falls while walking or running
- Difficulty catching or throwing a ball
- Difficulty kicking a ball
- Overly cautious moving through their environment
- Not “keeping up” with their peers during playtime
- Enjoys more sedentary activities than their peers.